All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book gives an overview of the research and application of speech techlogies in different areas. One of the special characteristics of the book is that the authors take a broad view of the multiple research areas and take the multidisciplinary approach to the topics. One of the goals in this book is to emphasize the application. User experience, human factors and usability issues are the focus in this book.
- Author BiographyDr. Chen is an associate professor at the Computing Science Department, Chalmers University of Sweden. She has been working in Human Factors and Ergonomics research for over 20 years and has published over 20 papers in the cognitive science specially related to speech technology application. Chen has over 20 years teaching and research experience on ergonomics, human factors and human-computer interaction. She has been teaching on human cognition, human-computer interaction, usability and user-centered design, and research methodology in undergraduate and graduate level. In the past 8 years, her research interests in focused on speech and multimodal interaction design in different applications. Dr. Jokinen is a Professor of Language Technology at the University of Helsinki. She has played a leading role in several academic and industrial research projects concerning spoken dialogue systems, cooperative communication, adaptation, and multimodality. She has published a large number of articles and papers, organized many workshops in major international workshops, and given several invited talks and seminars. She is the secretary of the SIGDial, the ISCA/ACL Special Interest Group for Discourse and Dialogue.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/04/2008
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note24 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1500 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byFang Chen,Kristiina Jokinen
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.