All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionPolly Teale's new play for the acclaimed theatre company Shared Experience takes as it's source the true and astonishing tale of June and Jennifer Gibbons, identical twins whose silent, antisocial exterior hid a rich, vast, creative life. From their early childhood through their twenties, they spoke only to each other in a secret language, building an elaborated fantasy life. From their self-imposed isolation, they were catapulted into the hormonal havoc of adolescence - plunging into a wild spree that ultimately led to their incarceration in a hospital for the criminally insane.
- Author BiographyPOLLY TEALE's other plays include an acclaimed adaptation of Jane Eyre as well as After Mrs Rochester, about the troubled life of Jean Rhys, BrontA and Mine, all of which she directed for Shared Experience. She lives in Blackheath, south east London. LINDA BROGAN's first play, What's in the Cat, was staged in 2005 by Contact Theatre, Manchester, transferring to the Royal Court, London. Black Crows (2007) was produced by Clean Break at the Arcola Theatre and was a finalist for the Susan Smith Blackburn Prize. She lives in the North West.
- Author(s)Linda Brogan,Marjorie Wallace,Polly Teale
- PublisherNick Hern Books
- Date of Publication05/08/2010
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNick Hern Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight113 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.