All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
About this product
- DescriptionThis book series is designed to gradually enhance three essential components of the modern guitarist - speed, accuracy and technique. Regardless of the musical genre that you are exploring, whether it be jazz, blues, rock, metal, country or otherwise, these three categories should all be in harmony to allow you to play your best. The exercises contained within this series will t only train the fingers of your fretting hand, but will also enhance your picking techniques and create synymous movement between the two. Speed, Accuracy & Technique for Guitar: Level 1 is a great book for beginner guitarists or those who have spent most of their time as rhythm guitarists. The book begins with a few fundamental quarter te picking exercises and then works toward building independence between the fingers of the fretting hand, ensuring that all four fingers are equally utilized. Before too long, the techniques of finger rolls, string switching, string skipping, slides, hammer-ons and pull-offs are all introduced. By the end of this book, you will be playing at more than 2x the speed from which you started, have a high level of finger and picking accuracy, and have solid control of the most essential guitar techniques. For those who purchase the book, free MP3 tracks of the exercises are available at www.improvisingwithkwledge.com.
- Author BiographyGreg Studley has spent years advancing his technique as a professional guitarist and music instructor. In over ten years of teaching, he has worked with students of all ages and skill levels, from those learning the basics to professionals looking to finely tune their musical abilities and understanding. Greg earned his degree in Jazz Performance from Loyola University New Orleans and currently teaches guitar, bass and piano in San Francisco, CA. He also spends time working as a musician in the the Bay Area's studio scene, performing regularly around the western US, and has established the popular website www.improvisingwithknowledge.com for guitar players looking to advance their soloing skills.
- Author(s)Greg Studley
- PublisherGreg Studley
- Date of Publication09/10/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreg Studley
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight104 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.