Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $11.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionProust had a cookie. Susan Shapiro has a cupcake--and a really hilarious book. --Patricia Marx, author of Him, Her, Him Again, the End of Him In Susan Shapiro's laugh-out-loud funny fictional debut Speed Shrinking, Manhattan self-help author Julia Goodman thinks she's got her addictive personality under control. Then her beloved psychoanalyst moves away at the same time her husband takes off to L.A. and her best friend gets married and moves to Ohio. Feeling lonely and left out, Julia fills in the void with food, becomes a cupcake addict, and blimps out. This is a huge problem--especially since she's about to go on national television to plug her hot new self-help book about how she conquered her sugar addiction. Navigating her insurance network, Julia desperately sees eight shrinks in eight days, speed-dating for Dr. Replacement--or any other new guru--to help shrink back her body and anxiety in time for her close-up.
- Author BiographySusan Shapiro has written for The New York Times, The Washington Post, the Los Angeles Times, The Boston Globe, Newsweek, People, Glamour, Cosmopolitan, More, The Village Voice, The Forward, Salon.com, and Daily Beast. She's a columnist for Writer's Digest, coeditor of Food for the Soul, and the author of five works of nonfiction, including Five Men Who Broke My Heart, which was optioned for a feature film. She lives with her husband, a TV/film writer, in Manhattan, where she teaches her instant gratification takes too long method of journalism at the New School, NYU, Cooper Union, and Mediabistro.
- Author(s)Susan Shapiro
- Date of Publication20/07/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width137 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $71.91New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $16.40New
- AU $12.81Used
- AU $79.40New
- AU $18.71New
- AU $113.12New
- AU $22.40New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $30.78
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $30.87
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $79.40
- AU $10.68Trending at AU $18.71
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $21.47
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $92.43
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $14.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.