All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionA growing community of scientists, land-management decision makers, and cavers are concerned about the protection of natural resources and want to share research among themselves. But few of them are fluent in each discipline's jargon, and cavers and geologists in particular who want to share their discoveries find it difficult to understand each other. Sandra Poucher and Rick Copeland have created this comprehensive karst glossary to correct discrepancies in communications among geologists and biologists, hydrologists and divers, cavers and speleologists, thereby enabling researchers to speak a common language. Cavers and cave divers are passionate about mastering the language to communicate their finds and understand the research of others. Speleologists (cave scientists) are eager to understand and apply cavers' discoveries to their work in the geology, biology, water flow, and other scientific aspects of caves. This multidisciplinary volume, featuring extensive reference materials, is the only one to focus on Floridian and Caribbean karst features. The highly focused result of a dynamic team of scientists, cavers, and cave divers who have sorted through the myriad of terms and definitions, this glossary is essential to geologists, hydrologists, biologists, hydrogeologists, and private businesses dealing with the study of groundwater, karst and/or treatment of sinkholes, land-management decision makers, and speleologists.
- Author BiographySandra Poucher is educational outreach coordinator of the National Speleological Society - Cave Diving Section and the editor of The Taming of the Slough: A Comprehensive History of Peacock Springs. Rick Copeland is a Florida Department of Environmental Protection hydrogeologist at the Florida Geological Survey and president of the Southeastern Geological Society.
- PublisherUniversity Press of Florida
- Date of Publication15/11/2006
- SubjectEarth Sciences
- Place of PublicationFlorida
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of Florida
- Content Note3 drawings, 3 charts
- Weight417 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byRick Copeland,Sandra Poucher
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.