All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIdeal for both whole-school and independent learning, this comprehensive and high-quality series builds on pupils' phonic kwledge while also helping them to understand how word structure and meaning can help them to spell words. Providing excellent preparation for the national tests, the Schofield & Sims Spelling activities systematically introduce and revise spelling conventions, explore word structure and the relationship between words of shared origin, suggest strategies for remembering common 'exception words' (or 'tricky words'), teach pupils how to monitor their own spelling, and encourage them to write sentences from memory or dictation. As pupils work through each book, the intensive practice provided will enable them continually to develop, consolidate and improve their skills, encouraging them towards effective spelling for life. Spelling 1 covers: segmenting words into phonemes and selecting from alternative spellings of phonemes; using spelling rules for adding s and es; adding suffixes ing, ed and er where change is needed to the root word; dividing words into syllables; applying spelling guidelines (for example, ck, tch, ve, dge at the end of words).
- Author(s)Carol Matchett
- PublisherSchofield & Sims Ltd
- Date of Publication15/07/2013
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Series TitleSpelling
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationWest Yorkshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSchofield & Sims Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.