All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA small town girl leaves her troubled family and starts stripping -- which introduces her to a community that keeps her sober and saves her life -- but a roller-coaster lifestyle ensues. She gets drugged, does enema shows, and unionizes the club. When she tries to quit and go to graduate school, her mother is diagsed with terminal cancer. Broke and broken, she returns to sex work, which leads to her arrest and a new resilience. Spent is a memoir about a woman's journey through the sex industry, but it's also a story of family, community, and our constant struggle against loneliness.
- Author BiographyAntonia Crane is an adult dancer and performer whose work has been published in The Rumpus, Black Clock, ZYZZYVA, Slake, Smith Magazine, and The Los Angeles Review. She received her MFA in creative writing at Antioch University and lives in Los Angeles.
- Author(s)Antonia Crane
- PublisherRare Bird Books
- Date of Publication18/03/2014
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRare Bird Books
- Weight499 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.