All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPower electronics can be a difficult course for students to understand and for professors to teach. Simplifying the process for both, SPICE for Power Electronics and Electric Power, Third Edition illustrates methods of integrating industry standard SPICE software for design verification and as a theoretical laboratory bench. Helpful PSpice Software and Program Files Available for Download Based on the author Muhammad H. Rashid's considerable experience merging design content and SPICE into a power electronics course, this vastly improved and updated edition focuses on helping readers integrate the SPICE simulator with a minimum amount of time and effort. Giving users a better understanding of the operation of a power electronics circuit, the author explores the transient behavior of current and voltage waveforms for each and every circuit element at every stage. The book also includes examples of all types of power converters, as well as circuits with linear and nlinear inductors. New in this edition: *Student learning outcomes (SLOs) listed at the start of each chapter * Changes to run on OrCAD version 9.2 * Added VPRINT1 and IPRINT1 commands and examples * Notes that identify important concepts * Examples illustrating EVALUE, GVALUE, ETABLE, GTABLE, ELAPLACE, GLAPLACE, EFREQ, and GFREQ * Mathematical relations for expected outcomes, where appropriate * The Fourier series of the output voltages for rectifiers and inverters * PSpice simulations of DC link inverters and AC voltage controllers with PWM control This book demonstrates techniques of executing power conversions and ensuring the quality of the output waveforms rather than the accurate modeling of power semiconductor devices. This approach benefits students, enabling them to compare classroom results obtained with simple switch models of devices. In addition, a new chapter covers multi-level converters. Assuming prior kwledge of SPICE or PSpice simulation, the text provides detailed step-by-step instructions on how to draw a schematic of a circuit, execute simulations, and view or plot the output results. It also includes suggestions for laboratory experiments and design problems that can be used for student homework assignments.
- Author BiographyMuhammad H. Rashid is a professor (and past director, 1997-2007) of electrical and computer engineering at the University of West Florida. Dr. Rashid received his BSc degree in electrical engineering from the Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology, and his MSc and PhD degrees from the University of Birmingham in the United Kingdom. He has worked around the world as a professor of electrical engineering Dr. Rashid is actively involved in teaching, researching, and lecturing in power electronics. He has published 17 books and more than 140 technical papers. His books are adopted as textbooks all over the world. In addition, He has been invited by many foreign governments and agencies to give keynote lectures and consulted by foreign universities to serve as an external examiner for undergraduate, master's degree, and PhD examinations, by funding agencies to review research proposals, and by U.S. and foreign universities to evaluate promotion cases for professorship. Among his many awards, Dr. Rashid has received the Outstanding Engineer Award from The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, the IEEE Educational Activity Award (EAB) for Meritorious Achievement Award in Continuing Education, and the IEEE Undergraduate Teaching Award.
- Author(s)Hasan M. Rashid,Muhammad H. Rashid
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication22/06/2012
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Series TitleElectrical and Computer Engineering
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note414 black & white illustrations, 31 black & white tables
- Weight884 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.92
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.14
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.09
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.94
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.43
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.