All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis beautifully illustrated guide to the spiders of North America, rth of Mexico, provides more than 1,400 illustrations and keys to the genera in 68 spider families. The book includes more than 550 genera. The manual contains 72 chapters and a wealth of information including an introduction to spider morphology, natural history, collecting techniques and preservation methods; an overview of the current status and most recent developments in spider evolutionary history; a key to the 68 families of spiders found in North America, rth of Mexico; keys to the genera in each of these 68 families; an etymological dictionary explaining the derivation of the names of spider genera and families; and a well illustrated glossary.
- Author BiographyThe editors of this manual, Darrell Ubick, Pierre Paquin, Paula E. Cushing, and Vince Roth, are all well known arachnologists. Over 30 other equally well known arachnologists from the United States, Europe, and South America, are chapter authors.
- Author(s)Darrell Ubick,Paula Cushing
- PublisherThe American Arachnologial Society
- Date of Publication09/06/2009
- FormatSpiral bound
- SubjectLife Sciences: Zoology
- Place of PublicationGreenville, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe American Arachnologial Society
- Content Noteb/w illus
- Weight1050 g
- Width280 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.