All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough very few spiders are dangerous to humans, the group as a whole still provokes fear and loathing among many people. Spiders of the World describes these intriguing creatures with their highly individual life styles, their variety, and their beauty in a thought-provoking manner. The opening chapters on the structure of spiders and their relationships to each other and to invertebrates in general provide, in a very readable form, sufficient background for an appreciation of the subsequent chapters on behavior. Their astonishing defense mechanisms, particularly mimicry and camouflage, are also discussed.
- Author BiographyRod Preston-Mafham and Ken Preston-Mafham are experienced writers and photographers of the living world. Their expertise is evident in their work as authors of Premaphotos Wildlife, one of the United Kingdom's leading natural history photographic libraries. Ken travels extensively, adding to their comprehensive natural history photographic library.
- Author(s)Ken Preston-Mafham,Rod Preston-Mafham
- PublisherFacts On File Inc
- Date of Publication30/04/2003
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Series TitleOf the World
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFacts On File Inc
- Content Note100 colour and b&w photographs, line illustrations, maps, index, further reading
- Weight635 g
- Width159 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.