All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume contains the proceedings of the International Conference on Spin Excitations in Nuclei held in Telluride, Colo- rado, March 25-27, 1982. The motivation for the conference was, in a large part due to the recent development of new variable energy accelerators which produce high quality beams of electrons, protons, and pions that are providing the first precise information on spin excitations in nuclei over a large range of spin and mass. In the past such data had been restricted primarily to light nuclei and were generally resolution limited. Perhaps, the most exciting new result has been the clear observation of the elusive spin-dipole strength (Gamow- Teller and Ml) in medium and heavy mass nuclei through the use of the (p,n) and (p,p') reactions at or near zero degrees with 100-200 MeV incident protons. Energy dependence in the isovector parts of the nucleon-nucleon interaction make the 100-200 MeV energy region particularly appropriate for such studies. The clean data from (e,e'), ('IT,'IT'), (p,p'), and (p,n) on high spin stretched states which have particularly simple structure has also been quite impor- tant. The recent results contain important new information on the nature of the spin dependent forces in nuclei. These in turn are inherently related to the properties of the nuclear mesonic field and the underlying quantum chromodynamics.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication12/12/2012
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1267 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Edited byFred Petrovich
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1984
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.