All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides an in-depth exposition of spin-stand microscopy of hard disk data which is a new technique recently developed and extensively tested by the authors of the book. Spin-stand microscopy is the first magnetic imaging technique where imaging is performed ex-situ on a rotating disk mounted on a spin-stand. This technique is one of the fastest scanning-based microscopy techniques. It is n-invasive and has na-scale resolution. For these reasons, it provides unique capabilities for the visualization of magnetization patterns recorded on hard disks. This book is self-contained and it covers in sufficient details the basic facts of magnetic data storage techlogy, the principles and theory of spin-stand microscopy, its experimental implementations, as well as its applications in hard disk diagstics, imaging of overwritten patterns, computer forensics of hard disk files, and data-dependent magnetic thermal relaxations of recorded magnetization patterns. This book will be a valuable reference for the magnetic data storage community, magnetic microscopy professionals as well as engineers and scientists involved in computer data forensics, commercial data recovery, and the design of archival data storage systems.
- Author BiographyProf. Mayergoyz received his Master and Ph.D. degrees in the former Soviet Union where he worked as a senior research scientist in the Institute of Cybernetics of Ukranian Academy of Sciences before his emigration to the United States. On his arrival to the United States in 1980, he became a full professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering Department of University of Maryland, College Park. He served as a consultant for many years for the Research and Development Center of General Electric Company and has been selected as a visiting research fellow of this center. He has published more than 300 scientific papers and patents as well as eight scientific books. He has been recognized by many awards at the University of Maryland and at the Magnetics Society of IEEE. He is a recognized authority in magnetics which is the area of this book. Dr. Chun Tse received his Ph.D. degree in electrical engineering in 2003 from the University of Maryland at College Park. His research work is concentrated in the area of spin-stand magnetic microscopy and its applications. He is currently an Assistant Research Scientist at the ECE Department of the University of Maryland, College Park. He has published 13 papers in journals such as IEEE Transactions on Magnetics and Journal of Applied Physics. His publications are closely related to the topic of the book.
- Author(s)Chun Tse,Issak D. Mayergoyz
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication01/06/2006
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Series TitleElsevier Series in Electromagnetism
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintElsevier Science Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight480 g
- Width246 mm
- Height189 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.17Trending at AU $52.09
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.