About this product
- DescriptionA fantastic football story, perfect for children learning to read. Written by Julia Donaldson, author of The Gruffalo. Spinderella the spider has a passion for football! She tries to play a match with her brothers and sisters but she doesn't kw how many spiders should be on each team. Even worse, she can't count the goals! Luckily for Spinderella, her Hairy Godmother has a plan...The Reading Ladder series helps children to enjoy learning to read. It features well-loved authors, classic characters and favourite topics, so that children will find something to excite and engage them in every title they pick up. It's the first step towards a lasting love of reading. Level 2 Reading Ladder titles are perfect for readers who are growing in confidence and are beginning to enjoy longer stories. It features: clear type; up to 8 lines per page; bright, appealing pictures for added interest; a variety of sentence structures; a wider range of vocabulary; and, strong themes and characters to discuss. All Reading Ladder titles are developed with a leading literacy consultant, making them perfect for use in schools and for parents keen to support their children's reading. Book band: Purple.
- Author BiographyJulia Donaldson, the 2011-2013 Children's Laureate, is the outrageously talented, prize-winning author of the world's most-loved picture books including The Gruffalo and What the Ladybird Heard. She lives in Glasgow with her husband and spends a lot of time touring the country doing readings - and singing! Liz Pichon has written and illustrated many children's books, including The Three Horrid Pigs and the Big Friendly Wolf, which was shortlisted for The Red House Children's Book Award 2009. She is the author of the wildly successful and award-winning Tom Gates books. Series consultant Nikki Gamble is the director of Just Imagine, a specialist resource and training centre for Primary English. She is Associate Consultant at the University of London, Institute of Education.
- Author(s)Julia Donaldson
- PublisherEgmont UK Ltd
- Date of Publication07/04/2016
- SubjectReference & Home Learning
- Series TitleReading Ladder Level 2
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEgmont UK
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight112 g
- Width145 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Liz Pichon
- Interest AgeFrom 5
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.