All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA fantastic new picture book all about a football-playing spider, written by Julia Donaldson, author of The Gruffalo, with glorious full colour illustrations from the talented Sebastian Braun and a sparkling, glittery foiled cover. Spinderella the spider has a passion for football! She tries to play a match with her brothers and sisters but she doesn't kw how many spiders should be on each team. Even worse, she can't count the goals! Luckily for Spinderella, her Hairy Godmother has a plan...Julia Donaldson does it again in this hugely engaging and funny story all about football, spiders and counting - what's t to love! The perfect picture book for children of all ages - boys and girls alike. Julia Donaldson is the internationally rewned author of the best-loved picture books in the world, including The Gruffalo, What the Ladybird Heard, Sugarlump and the Unicorn and Night Monkey, Day Monkey. Julia Donaldson's collaborations with Axel Scheffler have sold millions of copies, and Room on the Broom is w an Academy Award-minated short film. Sebastian Braun studied fine and applied arts at Strasbourg University. He moved to London in 2000 and since then has been working exclusively on children's picture books, having been published by Orchard, Walker, Campbell, HarperCollins and Puffin.
- Author BiographyJulia Donaldson, the 2011-2013 Children's Laureate, is the outrageously talented, prize-winning author of the world's most-loved picture books including The Gruffalo, What the Ladybird Heard, Stickman, The Scarecrows' Wedding and Night Monkey, Day Monkey. Julia Donaldson's collaborations with Axel Scheffler have sold millions of copies, and Room on the Broom is now an Academy Award-nominated short film. Julia Donaldson has also collaborated with illustrators David Roberts, Nick Sharratt, Emily Gravett, Rebecca Cobb, and Lydia Monks. She also writes poems, plays, songs and fiction for older children and, together with her husband Malcolm, has performed her wonderful stage shows all over the world. Sebastian Braun studied fine and applied arts at Strasbourg University. He moved to London in 2000 and since then has been working exclusively on children's picture books, including I Love My Daddy and two books in this series, Toot and Pop! and Digger and Tom! He also illustrated Allan Ahlberg's Kicking a Ball. He has been published by Orchard, Walker, Campbell, HarperCollins and Puffin.
- Author(s)Julia Donaldson
- PublisherEgmont UK Ltd
- Date of Publication06/10/2016
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEgmont Books Ltd
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight207 g
- Width245 mm
- Height275 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Illustrator(s)Sebastian Braun
- Interest AgeFrom 3
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.