All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIronically, as we move toward a more techlogically advanced world, the simple domestic crafts of old are making a comeback. People of all ages are discovering a deep love for weaving, knitting, crocheting and other fiber arts. Along with that has come the desire to create their own one of a kind, artisan yarns. When it comes to yarn, fiber lovers kw that spinning and dying go hand in hand. Yet many books on the yarn craft cover only one topic or the other. In Spinning and Dyeing Yarn, fiber artist Ashley Martineau covers both subjects with rich, illustrative detail and step-by-step tutorials. Simply put, this book a must have for fiber enthusiasts of all levels. Inside, four sections cover:
- Fiber Identification and Preparation Explains the various fiber types--from animal wools and plant fibers to silk and synthetics-- how to clean and store them, and preparation techniques for spinning.
- Dying Techniques Richly illustrated and easy-to-follow tutorials cover dyeing techniques such as hand painting, dip dyeing, gradient dyeing, solar dyeing, and more for animal and plant fibers.
- Spinning Techniques Both drop spindle and wheel techniques are included, along with instructions on how to build drop spindles and a spinning wheel and setting spun yarns.
- Going Professional When readers are ready to share their craft, they'll find helpful advice for buying wholesale supplies, preparing for shows, and marketing and selling their work. You will also find instructions for creating velty yarns, spinning with fabric and feathers, advice from professional yarn designers, tips on improving work process, and more. With breathtaking images throughout, Spinning and Dyeing Yarn is one of the most comprehensive volumes on yarn design our editors have seen.
- Author(s)Ashley Martineau
- PublisherBarron's Educational Series
- Date of Publication01/11/2013
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBarron's Educational Series
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight1179 g
- Width222 mm
- Height284 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.87
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.84
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.93
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.52
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.