All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Political Treatise , Spiza's final work, is a largely theoretical inquiry into the fundamental principles of political philosophy. This edition offers an exceptional translation by Samuel Shirley and a prefatory essay by Douglas Den Uyl that discusses why the Political Treatise deserves the attention of contemporary scholars. Steven Barbone and Lee Rice provide ample tes, a substantial bibliography, complete indexes of names and terms, and a comprehensive general introduction, which considers the evolution of Spiza's political thought in the context of the political and intellectual turmoil of the times, the relationship between the Political Treatise and the Theological-Political Treatise , and the importance of the Political Treatise to a full understanding of Spiza's political philosophy.
- Author BiographySamuel Shirley, (1912-2006), was Classics Exhibitioner of Balliol College, Oxford, and Latin Lecturer at Cardiff University. Lee Rice is Associate Professor of Philosophy, Marquette University. Steven Barbone is Assistant Professor of Philosophy, San Diego State University.
- Author(s)Baruch Spinoza,Benedict de Spinoza,Rice Lee Uyl
- PublisherHackett Publishing Co, Inc
- Date of Publication15/07/2005
- SubjectPolitical Science & Theory
- Place of PublicationCambridge, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHackett Publishing Co, Inc
- Weight256 g
- Width215 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Translated bySamuel Shirley
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.34New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.