All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.00Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a comprehensive and thorough guide to Spiza's masterpiece of Rationalist thought. The Ethics is one of the undisputed masterworks of early modern philosophy. In this single volume Spiza offers the reader an urthodox account of God, a vel version of the mind-body relation, a systematic theory of the emotions and a detailed prescription for human virtue and blessedness. Too controversial to be published during his lifetime, it was surreptitiously printed by Spiza's friends after his death. Nowadays the Ethics is studied in university classes as an exemplary work of early modern rationalism. In Spiza's 'Ethics': A Reader's Guide , J. Thomas Cook explains the philosophical background against which the book was written and the key themes inherent in the text. The book then guides the reader to a clear understanding of the text as a whole, before exploring the reception and influence of this classic philosophical work. This is the ideal companion to study of this most influential and challenging of texts.
- Author BiographyJ. Thomas Cook is Professor of Philosophy at Rollins College, Florida, USA. He has taught on the Ethics for many years and published numerous articles and chapters on Spinoza. He serves on the Executive Board of the North American Spinoza Society.
- Author(s)J.Thomas Cook
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication15/11/2007
- Series TitleA Reader's Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight240 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.