All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDavid is thirteen and confused. His mum has left with her lover and dumped David on his grandparents. David's grandfather, Jimmy, is seventy. He spends his days at the social club grumbling with his three best friends, all of them Jewish-Australian survivors of the enforced labour camps of the WWII Thai-Burma Railroad. But behind their playful backbiting and irresistible wit, Jimmy and his friends are haunted by the ghosts of long-dead comrades, and the only person Jimmy can confide in is a thirteen-year-old from a different world...
- Author BiographyMark Dapin was born in Leeds and moved to Australia in the late 1980s. He has been editor-in-chief of ACP's men's magazines, and a hugely popular newspaper columnist. He has degrees in Social Policy, Art History and Journalism. His first novel, King of the Cross, won the Ned Kelly award. Spirit House is his second novel. He lives in Sydney with his partner and two children.
- PrizesShortlisted for Ondaatje Prize 2014.
- Author(s)Mark Dapin
- PublisherAtlantic Books
- Date of Publication01/08/2013
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAtlantic Books
- Weight412 g
- Width149 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $52.90Trending at AU $53.46
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.