All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEvery bartender must kw each and every ingredient behind the bar. The third edition of Spirits distilled, by Mark Ridgwell, is a comprehensive guide to all of the major spirits categories. Taking the reader through the principles of distillation to an explanation on how to taste spirits, Ridgwell reveals the history and legends behind vodka, gin, tequila, genever, rum, brandies, liqueurs, eaux-de-vie, flavoured white spirits and the entire range of whiskies. Lovers of spirits will find this book to be an invaluable resource for understanding and appreciating the world of spirits from a qualitative rather than quantitative perspective. Professionals too will find the quizzes in Spirits distilled a particularly useful tool for understanding better the spirits they sell. This edition of Spirits distilled contains a new chapter on cocktails by drinks consultant Michael Butt, with a section at the end of each spirit chapter detailing the best cocktails featuring that spirit. An essential book that belongs on the reference shelf of everyone who works with or enjoys spirits, Spirits distilled is a classic in the making.
- Author BiographyMark Ridgwell has worked with many of the world's leading spirit companies. The pinnacle of his corporate career was launching Maker's Mark outside the US. In 1999 Mark set up Taste & Flavour, a passionate network of speakers and spirit enthusiasts. A Musketeer of Armagnac, appointed Cognac Educator, Consul of Tequila and Wine and Spirit Education Trust Approved Programme Provider, Mark worked with WSET to create its Level 1 Award in Spirits, a unique vocational spirit and liqueur qualification.
- Author(s)Mark Ridgwell
- PublisherInfinite Ideas Limited
- Date of Publication14/12/2014
- SubjectOther Beverages
- Place of PublicationDurrington
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintInfinite Ideas Limited
- Content Note32 black & white halftones
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.05New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.41
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.