All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis historical ethgraphy from Central Sudan explores the century-old intertwining of zar , spirit possession, with past lives of ex-slaves and shows that, despite very different social and cultural contexts, zar has continued to be shaped by the experience of slavery.
- Author BiographySusan M. Kenyon is professor emerita of the Department of Anthropology at Butler University, USA.
- Author(s)Susan M. Kenyon
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication14/09/2012
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleContemporary Anthropology of Religion
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note9 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight525 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.50Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.