All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere is an increased interest in spirituality in our world lately. People have a deep hunger and thirst towards something that transcends them.In Spiritual Formation, Maddix and LeClerc provide a definition of Christian spiritual formation within the Wesleyan paradigm and how faithful disciples can grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ. In simple terms, this book explains that Spiritual formation refers to the transformation of people into, what C.S. Lewis calls, 'little Christs.' The book focuses on how people can grow in Christlikeness by participating in reading of Scripture, the means of grace, the sacraments, and spiritual disciplines. It also provides guidance in matter of self-care, spiritual direction, and mentoring, while displaying practical guidelines for adolescents, families, and college students.
- Author BiographyDiane Leclerc is professor of historical theology at Northwest Nazarene University. She received her BA at Eastern Nazarene College, her MDiv at Nazarene Theological Seminary, and her PhD at Drew University. She has published many articles and four books, including Discovering Christian Holiness: The Heart of Wesleyan-Holiness Theology. She has served as president of the Wesleyan Theological Society and is a member of Wesleyan Holiness Women Clergy. Rev. Mark A. Maddix, PhD, is a professor of practical theology & Christian discipleship and dean of the School of Theology and Christian Ministries at Point Loma Nazarene University in San Diego, California. He has published many articles and co-authored or co-edited six books, including Missional Discipleship: Partners in God's Redemptive Mission (2013) and Essential Beliefs: A Wesleyan Primer (2016). Maddix is a frequent speaker on topics of Christian discipleship, spiritual formation, and online education. He is married with two adult children.
- PublisherBeacon Hill Press
- Date of Publication01/06/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBeacon Hill Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures, charts
- Weight363 g
- Width152 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byDiane Leclerc,Mark A Maddix
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.