All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThis book sets out to explore the intersections between matters t frequently yoked in academic discussions: spirituality, social justice, and the learning of world languages. The contributing authors contend t only that these intersections exist, but that they are the site of issues and realities that require the attention of language educators and point to avenues of growth for the language teaching profession. The essays included seek to indicate the possibilities of a neglected area of inquiry, t only in terms of theory but also in terms of the practices of language education. Given this aim of opening up fresh questions, the book is arranged so as to show the relevance of the nexus of spirituality and social justice to teacher education (chapters 3 and 4), language classroom practices (chapters 5 and 6), and the theoretical sources that inform scholarly discussion of language education (chapters 7 and 8). The opening chapters place these explorations in a larger context by showing how they fit into existing social contexts and academic discussions.
- PublisherInformation Age Publishing
- Date of Publication23/01/2007
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Series TitleContemporary Language Education S.
- Place of PublicationGreenwich
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintInformation Age Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight267 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edited byDavid I. Smith,Terry A. Osborn
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.