All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPsychotherapists are increasingly expected to incorporate the spiritual as well as the psychological dimension in their professional work. Therapists also are increasingly required to utilize evidence-based practices and demonstrate the effectiveness of their practice. An ever-increasing number of spiritually-oriented psychotherapy books attest to its importance but, unlike these books that primarily focus on the therapist's spiritual awareness, the second edition of Spirituality in Clinical Practice addresses the actual practice of spiritually oriented psychotherapy from the beginning to end. Dr. Len Sperry, master therapist and researcher, emphasizes the therapeutic processes in spiritually oriented psychotherapy with individual chapters on: * the therapeutic relationship * assessment and case conceptualization * intervention * evaluation and termination * and culturally and ethically sensitive interventions. The days of training therapists to be spiritually aware and sensitive to client needs are over; therapists are w expected to practice spiritually sensitive psychotherapy in a competent manner from the first session to termination. Dr. Sperry organizes his text around this central focus point and, as in the original edition, continues to provide a concise, theory-based framework for understanding the spiritual dimension. Readers can use this framework as the basis for competently integrating spirituality in an effective, evidence-based psychotherapy practice.
- Author BiographyLen Sperry, MD, PhD, is Professor of Mental Health Counseling at Florida Atlantic University, and Clinical Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine at the Medical College of Wisconsin where, for several years, he held appointments as a tenured full professor in the Departments of Psychiatry, Preventive Medicine, and Family and Community Medicine. He has more than 600 publications, including 60 professional books, many on the topic of spirituality. He is a member of 12 book and journal editorial boards including Psychology of Religion and Spirituality and Counseling and Values.
- Author(s)Len Sperry
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication17/08/2011
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note18 black & white tables, 3 black & white line drawings
- Weight544 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.