All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAround 1900, photographer Horace Warner took a series of portraits of some of the poorest people in London - creating relaxed, intimate images that gave dignity to his subjects and producing great photography that is without comparison in his era.Only seen by members of Warner's family for more than a century, almost all of these breathtaking photographs are published here for the first time.This unique collection of pictures revolutionises our view of Londoners at the end of the nineteenth century, by bringing them startlingly close and permitting us to look them in the eye.
- Author(s)Horace Warner
- PublisherSpitalfields Life Books
- Date of Publication01/11/2014
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpitalfields Life Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight602 g
- Height223 mm
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.