Spitfire Pilot: An Extraordinary True Story of Combat in the Battle of Britain by Roger M. D. Hall (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $9.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the Battle of Britain memoir of Roger Hall, a 152 Squadron Spitfire pilot based in southern England, the heart of the fighting during the epic battle. Roger recounts in harrowing detail his own experience of air-to-air combat with Messerschmitt 109s and 110s, and that of his fellow pilots. Hall had compunction in revealing his fear of wartime flying. He strips away the veneer of glory, smart uniforms and wild parties and uncovers the ordinary, very human young men who lived a life in which there was tomorrow. There is stalgia here.
- Author BiographyRoger Hall DFC, wrote the original draft of this book soon after the end of the war when events were still fresh in his memory. He was a long-time supporter of the Battle of Britain Memorial Trust. He died in 2002.
- Author(s)Roger M. D. Hall
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication12/09/2013
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note66
- Weight204 g
- Width124 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.