All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSpline Regression Models shows the nuts-and-bolts of using dummy variables to formulate and estimate various spline regression models. For some researchers this will involve situations where the number and location of the spline kts are kwn in advance, while others will need to determine the number and location of spline kts as part of the estimation process. Through the use of a number of straightforward examples, the authors will show readers how to work with both types of spline kt situations as well as offering practical, down-to-earth information on estimating splines.
- Author BiographySpecializing in econometric methods, epidemiology and mathematical economics. Retired from teaching but active in research and publication. Greatly enjoying retirement. Serving as an independent columnist in economics and other topics for the Kansas City Star. For an alternative to Paul Krugman's New York Times commentary, check Twitter for ND_Prof_Marsh. ( Note: the author takes sole responsibility for his opinions which do not necessarily correspond to those of his colleagues, the Department or the University.) Book on commentaries in progress (release date will be late 2010 or early 2011).
- Author(s)David R. Cormier,Lawrence C. Marsh
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication05/12/2001
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleQuantitative Applications in the Social Sciences
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 137
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight95 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine5 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $23.50Trending at AU $28.78
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.65
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.