Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $22.02Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $32.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDivorce is difficult under the best of circumstances. Dealing with this inherently adversarial process can be highly emotional on both sides. But when a divorcing individual is a persuasive blamer -someone who suffers from borderline personality disorder (BPD), narcissistic personality disorder (NPD), or simply has a high-conflict, manipulative personality-their behavior can have devastating ramifications for their former spouses. People with these disorders may adopt physical and verbal abuse as strategies, lie to lawyers and judges, manipulate the court, and may even level charges of abuse in order to get their way. Because persuasive blamers are so convincing and even charming, these techniques work surprisingly well and often result in unfair rulings. Splitting is a legal and psychological guidebook that everyone seeking a divorce from a persuasive blamer should own. Written by Bill Eddy, a family lawyer, divorce mediator, and experienced social worker, and Randi Kreger, BPD expert and author of the bestselling Stop Walking on Eggshells, it offers readers help for navigating the entire process of divorce: hiring and managing a divorce lawyer, reaching a reasonable settlement, protecting oneself and one's children from emotional and/or physical abuse from the former spouse, resisting false accusations, and getting enforceable court orders. The book also delves into the difficult-to-understand, aggressive behavior of persuasive blamers, offering readers psychological explanations for their former spouse's actions and help for coping emotionally with the spouse's extreme mood swings and impulsivity.
- Author BiographyBill Eddy, LCSW, JD, has been a family lawyer for over eighteen years and a therapist for over twelve years. He is senior family mediator at the National Conflict Resolution Center in San Diego, CA, and the president of the High Conflict Institute in Scottsdale, AZ. He is a faculty member at Pepperdine University School of Law and the National Judicial College and has provided seminars to judges, lawyers, counselors, and others on the subject of managing high-conflict personalities in legal disputes. Randi Kreger owns and maintains www.bpdcentral.com, one of the largest and most popular websites about borderline personality disorder (BPD). With nearly twenty thousand active members, her website offers online support to friends and family members of those with BPD. Kreger was instrumental in the formation of the Personality Disorders Awareness Network (PDAN), a not-for-profit organization, and speaks at BPD workshops internationally. She is author of Stop Walking on Eggshells, The Stop Walking on Eggshells Workbook, and The Essential Family Guide to Borderline Personality Disorder.
- Author(s)Bill Eddy,Randy Kreger
- PublisherNew Harbinger Publications
- Date of Publication19/01/2012
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Place of PublicationOakland, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Harbinger Publications
- Weight424 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Most relevant reviews
- monica914608 Nov, 2015by
American but still useful. Don't expect miracles.
I bought this book for myself and this time for a good girlfriend as we both had almost identical marriages with Domestic Violence perpetrated by Narcissistic ex-husbands and needed help with how to protect ourselves against these toxic people. The book was good in that it had a lot of affirming information although it is american and so based on their legal system and so differences must be taken into account. I could not find any other more useful book available for this specific subject.
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.82