All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith climate change and other environmental issues becoming increasingly prominent, any successful sport organization w has to incorporate environmental concerns into their business strategy, while all sport managers must understand how to implement environmental initiatives into their everyday business. Sport Management and the Natural Environment is the first book to introduce environmental theory and best practice in the context of sport management, demonstrating how sport organizations can become more effective and sustainable, and exploring the important advocacy role that sport organizations have in local and global communities. It considers the unique social, ecomic and political space that sport occupies in society, and examines the most important practical managerial issues related to sport and the environment, including: * Facilities * Finance and accounting * Leadership * Marketing, communication and digital media * Operations * Stakeholder relations * Strategic planning Including contributions from leading academics and practitioners, Sport Management and the Natural Environment is the perfect foundation text for any course touching on environmental issues or social responsibility in sport, and essential reading for any sport manager looking to improve their professional practice.
- Author BiographyJonathan M. Casper is an Associate Professor and Sport Management Program Coordinator in the Department of Parks, Recreation, and Tourism Management in the College of Natural Resources at North Carolina State University, USA. His research program focuses on enhancing quality of life through sport. His research in this field relates to informing sport organizations about better integrating sustainability efforts into organizational operations, marketing, and fan/participant engagement. Dr. Casper has published in leading peer-reviewed academic journals specific to sport and sustainability and presented his findings at international conferences. He also serves as a consultant for collegiate athletics departments and sport sponsors on sustainability initiatives. Michael E. Pfahl is an Associate Professor and Undergraduate Program Coordinator in the Department of Sports Administration in the College of Business at Ohio University, USA. His current research interests are primarily conducted from a qualitative perspective and include the convergence of media, technology and sport, environmentalism and sport, and human resource issues in sport organizations. Dr. Pfahl conducted consulting activities for several different sport and non-sport organizations around the world. These activities include consulting related to environmental efforts for the Cleveland Cavaliers and sponsorship for the Lamphun Warrior Football Club (Thailand) among others. He has published his research in top academic journals and presented at conferences and events around the world.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication11/05/2015
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note9 black & white tables, 3 black & white halftones, 16 black & white line drawings
- Weight434 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byJonathan M. Casper,Michael E. Pfahl
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.