All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.27
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionThis new edition will help students and practitioners understand the function of the nutrients in the body and how these nutrients affect health and athletic performance. The authors present clear, comprehensive and accurate nutritional information that may be applied to a variety of careers. The text provides students with practical kwledge in exercise and nutrition science and it keeps practitioners on the cutting edge of current research and practices in the field. Using the authors' extensive backgrounds in nutrition, exercise physiology and fitness, the text combines micronutrients into functional groupings to provide an easy framework for understanding how these nutrients can influence exercise performance and good health for both athletes and active individuals. This unique presentation allows readers to fully understand why proper nutrition helps athletes prevent injury, enhance recovery, improve daily workouts and maintain optimal health and body weight. In this second edition, chapters dealing with macronutrients and micronutrients have been entirely rewritten and all chapters have been revised to reflect the latest Dietary Reference Intakes.
- Author BiographyMelinda M. Manore, PhD, RD, CSSD, FACSM, is a professor in the department of nutrition and exercise sciences and a nutrition specialist in extension at Oregon State University. She is a highly regarded researcher, particularly in the nutrition needs of active women and has written more than 60 research articles, 6 books, 20 book chapters and numerous nutrition articles for health and nutrition professionals. Nanna Meyer, PhD, RD, CSSD, is an assistant professor in health sciences at the University of Colorado. She has been working in sport nutrition as a scientist, clinician and educator since 1997. She developed the sport dietetics emphasis degree at the University of Utah and is working on a new graduate program (to be launched in fall 2009) at the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs. Janice L. Thompson, PhD, FACSM, is a professor of public health nutrition and head of the department of exercise, nutrition and health at the University of Bristol in the United Kingdom.
- Author(s)Janice L. Thompson,Melinda Manore,Nanna L. Meyer
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication01/08/2009
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationChampaign
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2003
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Content Note124 black & white illustrations, 20 black & white halftones
- Weight1520 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.