All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis comprehensive and accessible resource can be used as textbook or a self-help book and is aimed at students, athletes, coaches, sport scientists or indeed any-one looking to enhance their performance, whatever their sport or activity. The psychological concepts may even be useful for those working in business. It covers the key topics in sport psychology, but also addresses current issues such as talent identification, mental toughness, risk taking, stress management, mindfulness, gender issues, sporting injuries and the use of social media. It contains examples from a multitude of sports around the world, and new developing areas such as strength and conditioning, extreme sport and combat sports. Recognising the importance for the reader to fully understand the topic in order to apply this kwledge, the book provides a comprehensive overview of each topic before presenting practical applications as well as recommending online resources. Every chapter focuses around answering key questions integral to each topic within sports psychology, helping the reader to progress in their understanding of the theory and learning how to apply it. Sports used as examples include: football (soccer), rugby, tennis, cricket, motorsport, swimming, winter sports, weight lifting, martial arts, athletics (track & field), baseball, and American football.
- Author BiographyDr Rhonda Cohen, PhD MSc, PGCHE, CSci, CPsychol, NLP is Head of the London Sport Institute at Middlesex University, UK, and is a Registered Sport & Exercise Psychologist (HPC/BPS), specialising in extreme sports. She is regularly interviewed about sports psychology by the media, including The Times,Daily Mirror, Daily Mail, Guardian, Women's Running Magazine, and Top Sante. She has appeared on TV shows such as BBC Inside Sport, Daredevils: Living on the Edge and 60 Minutes. She has a close working relationship with Tottenham Hotspur Foundation and Saracens Rugby club.
- Author(s)Rhonda Cohen
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication25/02/2016
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Weight339 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.67
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.72
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.