All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSport and Exercise Science: An Introduction provides a broad-based foundation in the major areas that underpin the scientific study of sport and exercise science, thus helping undergraduate students to develop a sound understanding of human anatomy, physiology, nutrition, metabolism, biomechanics and psychology related to sport, exercise and health. It includes a range of useful features in every chapter, including clear explanations of key concepts, colour diagrams and photographs, activities and summaries to reinforce understanding, and on-line support materials for lecturers such as question and image banks. This is the essential companion text for any student studying sport and exercise science at degree level.
- Author BiographyDEAN SEWELL is Senior Lecturer in Human Physiology and Metabolism at Heriot-Watt University. PHILIP WATKINS is currently the Performance Director for Sports Performance Consultancy (SPC) Ltd in Derby, UK, having lectured and taught physical education, sports biomechanics and strength and conditioning across all levels of the UK education system for almost 20 years. In addition, Phil has worked extensively with elite athletes providing scientific support across a variety of sports. He is a BASES Accredited Interdisciplinary Sport and Exercise Scientist, a UKSCA Accredited Strength and Conditioning Coach, and an NSCA Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist. As an athlete, Phil has over 14 years' international competitive experience, having represented both Wales and Great Britain in the sport of powerlifting. He has won British, European and World titles and, more recently, is the 2011 Commonwealth Deadlift champion and Powerlifting silver medallist. MURRAY GRIFFIN is Lecturer in the Department of Biological Sciences at the University of Essex.
- Author(s)Dean A. Sewell,Griffin Murray,Philip Watkins
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication27/07/2012
- SubjectSports Studies & PE: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder Education
- Content Notecol. ill
- Weight1247 g
- Width210 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.