All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book goes beyond the individual benefits of sport to look more closely at what sport can offer to groups of people and the communities in which they live. While the domain of sport development is mostly uncharted, editors Robert Schinke and Stephanie Hanrahan integrate sport development projects from different disciplines to challenge readers to broaden the scope of what they think can be achieved through sport. The 18 chapters, written by some of the world s top sport science scholars, are presented in four trajectories (peace and reconciliation, social justice, health and well-being, and corporate social responsibility) that reflect the sport development literature. Each chapter contains a different disciplinary approach to sport development that will captivate and stimulate readers to create new collaborations among practitioners and community stakeholders.
- Author(s)Dr. Robert Schinke,Stephanie Hanrahan
- PublisherFitness Information Technology, Inc, U.S.
- Date of Publication01/09/2011
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationMorgantown, WV
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFitness Information Technology, Inc, U.S.
- Content Noteillus
- Weight410 g
- Width180 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.88New
- AU $61.04Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.24
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.43
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.