All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.74Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionEd Hawkins grew up around gambling. Instead of going to school, he followed his father, a horseracing journalist, around the courses of the UK. From an early age he learnt that bookies never give anything away. So when he lost a misguided gamble on his career, he doubled up on reflex - deciding to wager his way around the globe. Initially gambling his way across Australia, he meets triumph and disaster at one of the world's biggest casis with witty self-deprecation. He embarrasses himself playing poker with Hollywood's finest at the World Series in Las Vegas, challenges world champion Phil Taylor to a game of darts, fights roosters with Britney Spears' babysitter and fleeces pensioners on planes. Hawkins tries anything to stay afloat, ending up in a Glasgow bingo hall hoping to land the same long odds that stare back at him from the mirror, having been diagsed with a rare illness.
- Author BiographyA sportswriter for 15 years, Ed Hawkins is best known for his work as a gambling journalist. He won the SJA Sports Betting Writer of the Year in 2011 and 2012, and has written for The Times, Guardian and Racing Post. Ed previously collaborated on the autobiography of West Indies cricket legend Michael Holding, who he now pesters for racing tips.
- Author(s)Ed Hawkins
- PublisherPitch Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/05/2011
- SubjectBiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationHove
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPitch Publishing Ltd
- Weight204 g
- Width130 mm
- Height193 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.