All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInformative, lively text describes life in the lodge both then and w with glorious first-hand accounts as well as incidental snippets explaining general shooting lodge fare and dining rituals of times past...from beautifully appointed gun cabinets to what might be hanging on the walls...and that all-important sporting record, the game book/fishing register/hunting diary are all covered. Tales from the past and anecdotes from the present combine together to create a superb read for anyone interested in the shooting, fishing and rural social history.
- Author BiographyJ C Jeremy Hobson is well-known and respected for many years as an author, writer and occasional broadcaster. Sporting Lodges is his third book for Quiller. David S D Jones has been archivist and historian for the National Gamekeepers' Organisation for over a decade and has written a number of books on sporting estates.
- Author(s)David S. D. Jones,Jeremy J.C. Hobson
- PublisherQuiller Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication26/07/2013
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationShrewsbury
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintQuiller Publishing Ltd
- Content Notecolour illustrations throughout
- Weight953 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.