All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis unique volume explores a growing collaboration between the sport and health sectors to deliver invative public health interventions in the community. It explores the role of sport and sports settings as a vehicle for achieving health outcomes, as well as some of the practical and moral challenges presented by sport and public health partnerships working together. Twenty detailed examples illustrate the broad range of programs which have already been developed around the world, from across the spectrum of public health activity. Chapters include: * Time Out for Your Health: A sports-based health intervention approach with American football teams* Promoting Mental Wellbeing in Rugby League communities* Slum Soccer - female empowerment through football* Football 4 Peace* Sport as a post-disaster psychosocial intervention for children in Bam, Iran* Sex and Sport: An Australian rules football-based chlamydia screening initiative As well as showcasing what has been achieved in this exciting new field, Sports-based Health Interventions shares valuable advice and lessons learnt to inform the next generation of sports-based public health initiatives.
- Author BiographyAlan White is a professor of Men's Health at Leeds Beckett University. David Conrad is a Consultant in Public Health at Hertfordshire County Council and Associate Member of the Centre for Men's Health at Leeds Beckett University. Together they have previously edited two books for health professionals - Men's Health: How To Do It (published by Radcliffe in 2007) and Promoting Men's Mental Health (Radcliffe 2010). Professor White is currently evaluating the Premier League Health with the English Premier League, is part of the Evaluation team of the Fit Fans in Training initiative with the Scottish Premier League and has run a two season long health campaign with the Leeds Rhino's Rugby League team. He has recently headed up the completion of the 'State of Men's Health in Europe Report' for the European Commission.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication24/12/2015
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note22 black & white illustrations, 2 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight701 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byAlan White,David Conrad
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.78
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.86
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.89
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.38
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.38
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.