All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMaintaining a healthy lifestyle is a popular way to ward off aging, but the serious fun and games don't have to end once middle age sets in. This guidebook is geared for men and women seeking the challenge and enjoyment of athletic competition. The book focuses on those sports requiring significant physical exertion and includes team sports such as soccer, softball and basketball and individual sports such as skiing, tennis and swimming. Profiles of each sport identify the national sponsoring organization, regional affiliates, a description of the types of competition available, and a breakdown of the number of competitors by age and gender participating in national championships. A 'How to Get Started' section describes basic skills needed for each sport, equipment required to compete, opportunities for coaching, and suggested books and videos for beginners. The book also features a list of the 2007-2008 national champions in each sport.
- Author BiographyThomas A. Jones is a retired English teacher, coach, and school administrator. Since turning 40, Jones has competed in a variety of sports, including tennis, triathlon, basketball, swimming, and orienteering. He has won international competitions in kayak racing.
- Author(s)Thomas A. Jones
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/04/2009
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Weight408 g
- Width175 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.