All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers new strategies and scripts for hyptherapists, sports counsellors and sports psychologists working with athletes to help them achieve their peak performance. A major focus of the book is that the therapist does t necessarily need to be familiar with the sport or activity to serve as a mental 'coach' to the athlete. The athlete is instructed that the goal is t to improve the mechanics of their performance (that is left up to their coaches) but, rather, to help them to relax, concentrate and focus so that they fulfill their maximum potential. They learn t to let the mental side of their game trip up the physical side, but rather to enhance it. There are also chapters on returning from injury and addictions, which are often important factors in athletes' careers. The book contains a number of case studies from a variety of sports where the author has worked successfully with athletes. In the case studies, the author tes how surprised he was to learn that many clients have a vivid memory of the techniques he taught them, indicating just how important these techniques were to them.
- Author BiographyJoseph Tramontana, PhD has been a Licensed Clinical Psychologist for 38 years working in private practice for the past 31 years. He is also a certified consultant in clinical hypnosis through the National Institute of Sports Professionals.
- Author(s)Joseph Tramontana
- PublisherCrown House Publishing
- Date of Publication30/06/2011
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationCarmarthen
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCrown House Publishing
- Weight340 g
- Width234 mm
- Height156 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.