All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionThis impressive new source is the first book to give school administrators and nspecialist legal advisors practical working kwledge of the legal principles, judicial interpretations, and case law relating to organized sports in an academic environment. The judicial opinions that comprise the bulk of the text have been edited and supplemented with tes and comments explaining the principles and applications that will help administrators avoid potential liability. The book is organized into four sections which cover the main areas of legal concern. The first section examines the athlete's right of participation and the equal opportunity provisions that currently apply. The second looks at the problem of reconciling the civil rights of participants with the disciplinary authority of administrators. The final two sections deal with products liability of equipment manufacturers and tort liability of program sponsors. The authors' comments accompany every case cited, and the legal principles and judicial interpretations relating to each. No school can afford to be without this essential tool for understanding the legal pitfalls involved with running a sports program.
- Author BiographySTEVEN C. WADE, J.D., is Vice President of the First Commercial Bank in Little Rock, Arkansas. ROBERT D. HAY, Professor of Management at the University of Arkansas College of Business Administration, has published numerous articles relating to athletic administration.
- Author(s)Robert D. Hay,Steven C. Wade
- Date of Publication14/11/1988
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationSanta Barbara, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQuorum Books,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight493 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.