All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAny sports marketing student or prospective sports marketer has to understand in detail genuine industry trends and be able to recognise solutions to real-world scenarios. Sports Marketing: A Practical Approach is the first textbook to offer a comprehensive, engaging and practice-focused bridge between academic theory and real-life, industry-based research and practice. Defining the primary role of the sports marketer as revenue generation, the book is structured around the three main channels through which this can be achieved - ticket sales, media and sponsorship - and explores key topics such as: * Sports markets and business markets (b2b) * Fan development * Brand management * Media audiences, rights and revenue * Live sports events * Sponsorship * Merchandise and retail Integrating real industry-generated research into every chapter, the book also includes profiles of leading industry executives and guidance for developing and preparing for a career in sports marketing. It goes further than any other sports marketing textbook in surveying the international sports market, including international cases and detailed profiles of international consumer and business markets throughout. A companion website offers multiple choice questions for students, editable short answer and essay questions, and lecture slides for instructors. No other textbook offers such a relevant, practice-focused overview of contemporary sports marketing. It is the ideal companion to any sports marketing course.
- Author BiographyLarry DeGaris is a leading research consultant to the sponsorship and sports marketing industries, and Professor of Marketing at the University of Indianapolis, USA. He has personally conducted over one hundred research studies for sports organizations funded to well over $3 million, and is a sought after expert for the media.
- Author(s)Larry DeGaris
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication06/02/2015
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note64 black & white tables, 24 black & white line drawings
- Weight522 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.