All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.17Trending at AU $52.09
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.34Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionSports Media covers reporting, anchoring, and production, and offers thorough descriptions of the sports reporter and anchor's function in sports journalism. This text offers important historical background on the evolution of the sports industry, some grounding in the business of sports, and a discussion of social issues including the experience of women in sports journalism. New to this edition: * An introduction focused on the intersection of ecomics, techlogy, and culture that drives modern sports journalism * Interviews with industry experts currently working in the field of sports journalism * The evolution of the industry to today's audience-driven, social media-influenced landscape * Reporting as storytelling in a modern media environment * A companion website (www.routledge.com/cw/schultz) featuring video and audio examples from the authors' own work to illustrate concepts from the text, links to additional examples and further resources, video tours of production facilities, video interviews with leaders in the field, and an updated instructor's manual.
- Author BiographyBrad Schultz specializes in broadcast news and sports and has written nine textbooks and authored nearly two dozen journal articles dealing mainly with sports broadcasting and how new technologies affect journalism practice. Schultz is the founding editor of the Journal of Sports Media, a scholarly journal that publishes twice yearly. He has produced several documentaries, including one which won a national Aurora Award in 2010. Before entering academia, Schultz spent 15 years in local television news and sports as an anchor, reporter, producer, news director, videographer and writer. He received a Ph.D. from Texas Tech University. Ed Arke has over 30 years of broadcast experience including high school football and basketball play-by-play, college basketball and baseball, and as a sports anchor for Radio Pennsylvania. Dr. Arke holds an Ed.D. in Educational Leadership from Duquesne University and a M.S. in Communication from Shippensburg University. In addition, he serves as the NCAA Faculty Athletics Representative and a Professor of Communication at Messiah College. Dr. Arke is the Faculty Director of The Pulse: Messiah College's Media Hub.
- Author(s)Bradley E. Schultz,Edward T. Arke
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication02/11/2015
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCRC Press
- Content Note21 black & white tables
- Weight630 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.