All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionFrom five-year-olds playing T-ball to teenagers showing off their inline skating skills, kids love participating in sports. Their parents, who often kw little about their child's chosen sport, assume the roles of cheerleader, coach, or, when injuries occur, trainer. For these parent-coaches, here is a comprehensive, illustrated guide to preventing and treating sports-related injuries written by a family physician certified in sports medicine. This title explains the physical and psychological readiness of children for certain sports at different ages. It identifies injuries by the part of the body. It lists sport-specific injuries, from baseball through wrestling. It emphasizes preventing injuries and illness. It contains a glossary of basic medical terms. It includes illustrations of injuries and preventive exercises. Whether their kids are avid or occasional athletes, this handy reference will increase parents' ability to deal with mir injuries and to identify potentially more serious problems that require professional attention.
- Author BiographyAs a family physician certified in sports medicine, a team physician, a father of twelve children, and a coach, Daniel J. Boyle, MD, brings both professional knowledge and years of practical experience to this valuable handbook. He lives and practices in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- Author(s)Daniel J. Boyle
- PublisherGeorgetown University Press
- Date of Publication11/08/1999
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationWashington, DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGeorgetown University Press
- Content Note36 b&w illustrations, glossary
- Weight227 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.