All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUseful as a textbook for students on coaching courses, this text also serves as a reference for coaches, physical education teachers and health and fitness professionals. It explains the principles of muscular and energy fitness training, and describes the step-by-step procedures to follow in applying the principles to a variety of sport programmes. It features a reader-friendly organisation that includes learning objectives introducing each chapter, sport-specific examples of key concepts and principles, chapter summaries, review questions, and key terms. It also features real-life scenarios that illustrate how concepts discussed in the chapter can be applied in practice, and a comprehensive glossary.
- Author BiographyBrian Sharkey has more than 35 years experience as a leading fitness researcher and educator. He is a former president of the American College of Sports Medicine and was the Director of the University of Montana's Human Performance Laboratory for many years. Steven Gaskill is currently an associate professor at the Department of Health and Human Performance Applied Exercise Physiology Programme at the University of Montana.
- Author(s)Brian J. Sharkey,Steven E. Gaskill
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication01/03/2006
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationChampaign
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2006
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Content Note48 black & white illustrations, 112 black & white halftones
- Weight889 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.51Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.