All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.74Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by a Lecturer in Sport and Fitness with over ten years' experience in teaching and devising degree modules, Sports Science: A Complete Introduction is designed to give you everything you need to succeed, all in one place. It covers the key areas that students are expected to be confident in, outlining the basics in clear, jargon-free English and providing added-value features like summaries of key experiments and even lists of questions you might be asked in your seminar or exam. Each chapter covers a key introductory area, so by the end of the book you'll have a clear understanding of the essential principles of sport science. Starting with key points in anatomy and physiology, it covers sports psychology, biomechanics and also introduces sports nutrition, as well as how to plan research in sport. It is structured to mirror the way sport science is taught on many first year undergraduate and foundation degree courses. By the end you'll have a clear understanding of the essential principles of sport science.
- Author BiographySimon Rea is a Lecturer on the Sport and Fitness award at the Open University. He has been teaching in Higher and Further Education for over 20 years, has spent time training personal trainers, and has also worked as a performance coach in first class cricket. His specialist areas are strength and conditioning and nutrition for sports performance.
- Author(s)Simon Rea
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication03/12/2015
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTeach Yourself Books
- Weight440 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.