All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSports and Society examines the role that sporting traditions have played in human society from primitive cultures to the present day. Did sports begin simply for practical reasons such as training soldiers for war, or do humans have a less practical need to play active, physical games? How have different sports migrated around the world, and what effect have new cultures had on these imports? Exciting and varied case studies are used throughout this book to illustrate issues and concepts.
- Author(s)Scott Witmer
- PublisherHeinemann Library
- Date of Publication01/01/2012
- SubjectYoung Adult General Interest & Leisure
- Series TitleEthics of Sports (Heinemann)
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHeinemann Library
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width165 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsLibrary binding,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.