Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $22.14
About this product
- DescriptionSample entries include: 1950: Three African-American athletes become the first to play in the National Basketball Association - Chuck Cooper for the Boston Celtics, Nat Sweetwater Clifton for the New York Knicks, and Earl Big Cat Lloyd for the Washington Capitols. 1954: Babe Didrikson Zaharias, often called the greatest female athlete, wins the U.S. Women's Open in golf at the Salem Country Club by a phemenal 12 strokes, after returning from a battle with cancer and surgery earlier that year. 1953: Eighteen-year-old Maureen Connelly ( Little Mo ) sweeps the Australian Open, the French Open, Wimbeldon, and the U.S. Open to become the first female tennis player - and only the second person - to win a Grand Slam. 1957: Jim Brown bursts onto the scene, leading the NFL with 942 rushing yards and being named the league's most valuable player by the Associated Press. 1959: The Little League World Series is played for the first time, 20 years after the league was founded.
- Author(s)Jim Gigliotti
- PublisherFacts On File Inc
- Date of Publication31/08/2004
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Series TitleSports in America: Decade by Decade
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFacts On File Inc
- Content Note35ill.
- Weight395 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.