All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBack in print just in time for spring! Originally published in 1948, this is the germinal text on nearly 250 species of spring wildflowers found in West Virginia. Common or English names and scientific or Latin names are given for each species. The descriptions are in two sections: The first description includes the meaning of the name of the flower, uses, habitats, and ranges in West Virginia. Secondly, the plant itself is described in deep detail to help in identification. Each description is accompanied by a facing page detailed line drawing. This book is a must have for those interested in the beauty and science of West Virginia's spring flora.
- Author BiographyEarl L. Core, co-wrote the four-volume Flora of West Virginia. He received his bachelor's and master's degrees from West Virginia University and his doctorate from Columbia, USA. He was a biology professor at WVU where the 75-acre arboretum managed by the university bears his name.
- Author(s)Earl L. Core
- PublisherWest Virginia University Press
- Date of Publication28/02/2005
- SubjectNatural History: Plants
- Place of PublicationMorganstown
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWest Virginia University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight172 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $199.00Trending at AU $201.75
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $64.70Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.37
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.25
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $99.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.