All listings for this product
About this product
- Description* Use spunbonded fabrics to create stunning effects that cant be achieved with any other manmade or natural fibres. * Covers a range of exciting fabrics, from Tyvek to Lutradur, plus new fabrics such as Evolon and heat-distressable tissue. * Fabrics can be washed, dyed, painted, printed, stitched, burned, fused, foiled, stencilled and slashed to create beautiful and invative effects. Lutradur and Evolon belong to a category of manmade fabrics called spunbonded textiles. They have been available for a few years, but the explosion of their use in the textile world is very recent. They are spunbound, n-woven polyesters, which are very strong and flexible, but soft to the touch and ideal for textile art. All the different types of spunbonded textiles are covered including Lutradur, Evolon, heat-distressable tissue and some older textiles in this category, such as Tyvek, nappy (diaper) liner and kunin felt. The author introduces a range of simple colouring techniques, from painting and printing to dyeing. The book then guides you through heat-distressing, fusing and soldering techniques for which these spunbonded textiles are perfect. The other popular technique - image transfer - is also made simple with these manmade fabrics. Other techniques explained, step-by-step, include foiling and stamping. An essential book for all textile artists who want new and exciting ideas on how to use these versatile textiles.
- Author BiographyAfter 12 years in the fashion industry as a designer and pattern cutter, and then as a tutor on fashion subjects, Wendy Cotterill developed an interest in broader textiles-related subjects. She is now a teacher of textile art and exhibits her successful experimental work.
- Author(s)Wendy Cotterill
- PublisherPavilion Books
- Date of Publication21/04/2011
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBatsford Ltd
- Content Note120
- Width216 mm
- Height276 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.