All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExtraordinary accuracy and beautiful original artwork are just two features readers will find in this new resource, providing a basic foundation in domestic large animal anatomy. Its unique organization includes the anatomy of all organ systems in the various species, described in a consistent manner. The book presents relevant anatomy of the following species: horse (with contributors by Dr. Gayle Trotter); ox (with contributions by Dr. Fran Garry); sheep and goat (with contributions by Dr. Joan Bowen); llama and alpaca (with contributions by Dr. LaRue Johnson); swine (with contributions by Dr. LaRue Johnson); and, chicken (with contributions by Dr. John Avens).Carefully selected labeling helps students learn and remember structures and relationships. Male and female of a given species are depicted on facing pages so that topographic anatomy is easy to compare. Structures common to various animals are labeled several times, whereas unique structures are labeled only on one or two species so students can make rapid distinctions of the structures peculiar to certain animals. An introduction provides readers with a background in menclature and anatomic orientation so they can benefit from the atlas even if they lack training in anatomy. The Atlas depicts topographic relationships of major organs in a simple, yet technically accurate presentation that's free of extraneous detail so that those using the atlas can concentrate on the essential aspects of anatomy.
- Author BiographyThomas O. McCracken and Robert A. Kainer, DVM.
- Author(s)Gregory Brooks,Robert A. Kainer,Thomas Leslie Spurgeon,Thomas O. McCracken
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication15/06/1999
- SubjectVeterinary Science
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishers
- Content Note133
- Weight682 g
- Width229 mm
- Height306 mm
- Spine10 mm
Save on Other
- AU $34.04Trending at AU $49.74
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $48.45
- AU $27.12Trending at AU $28.71
- AU $17.94Trending at AU $27.21
- AU $18.68Trending at AU $20.98
- AU $14.22Trending at AU $25.85
- AU $22.86Trending at AU $25.90
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.