All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the buzzing capital and foodie's paradise Colombo, to the many national wildlife parks and endless glorious beaches, this is the perfect companion for anyone wanting delve a little deeper into this fascinating and deeply traditional island. * Beautiful beaches, lush tea plantations and spectacular national parks, this book has it all * Stunning colour photos to inspire you plus full-colour maps to help you plan your trip * Includes carefully selected itineraries giving you advice on how to get the best out of your stay whether you're travelling for one week, two weeks or over three weeks * Provides extensive, thoroughly researched information which will help you plan your trip as well as advise you on the ground * The heart of the guide is broken down by region and covers - Colombo, West & Northwest, The South, Kandy and the Highlands, Ancient Cities, The East, Jaffna and the North * Each region has an overview map, local information on how to get around with transport and street maps where relevant, a short history of the region, thorough advice on what to see and do and a directory of key local information on banks, embassies, internet cafes, medical and services * Full-colour mini atlas which has maps of each region to help you get your bearings From the abundant wildlife and ancient ruins to the full moon festivities and honeymoon hideaways, Footprint's fully updated 5th edition will help you get to the heart of this incredible island.
- Author BiographySara Chare is a freelance editor and writer based in the UK. She was brought up in Luxembourg and has lived in Paris, Sydney and a number of UK towns and cities. Sara has travelled extensively in Australia, where she spent four months in a campervan compiling updates for Footprint's West Coast Australia Handbook, and has a enduring love of Asia. She recently updated Footprint's guide to Sri Lanka.
- Author(s)Sara Chare
- PublisherFootprint Travel Guides
- Date of Publication15/10/2011
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleFootprint Handbook
- Place of PublicationBath
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFootprint Travel Guides
- Out-of-print date17/06/2016
- Content Note8 pages full-colour photographs and 8 pages full-colour maps
- Weight367 g
- Width120 mm
- Height185 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.