All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1915 a new school opened in Letchworth. Based upon Theosophic values, it offered a very progressive form of education, with children encouraged to develop their own personal interests, and emphasis placed on tolerance towards all races and religions, and physical health and well-being. Discipline was largely self-imposed and students were able to influence the running of the school. The school's philosophy has enabled it to weather a century of change, including two world wars, ecomic depressions, and many shifts in national education policy. St Christopher School is w a unique and dynamic school where education continues to be based upon the concept of treating children as individuals. This book explores the school's history and philosophy, offering a concise but fascinating insight into the first hundred years of St Chris.
- Author BiographyChris McNab is the author of more than eighty-five non-fiction works, his subject specialities including education, history and military technology. He is also a trainer in writing and editing, for schools, education ministries and businesses around the world.
- Author(s)Chris McNab
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication03/12/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintShire Publications Ltd
- Content Note27 b/w; 58 col
- Weight147 g
- Width149 mm
- Height210 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.